Sylvie Kořánková

I discovered Sylvie Kořánková's breath-taking art last summer in Prague, when she presented her diploma project I don't have to like you, I just have to sell you. The book is a compilation of odd images about fashion world, where she presents delicate and innocent lines with a clever use of the space for enclose her characters.



Doing a little researching, it happens that Sylvie is a fashion model and lives that frivolous world from inside. Nothing more intriguing for me than a model that is used to be portrayed and takes some time to picture the others and her circumstance. I imagine her drawings as a war testimony, as if she were a reporter addicted to her bloody job: meeting horrible, grotesque people in bleak shops, showing the other face of elegance, dramatic poses, expensive cocktails, beauty cannons and the eternal faking. I'm pretty sure that Sylvie Kořánková uses her art as a secret tool for survive, as a caution to avoid being devoured by soulless people.





0 comentarios:

Post a Comment